The Child Protection and participation is an integral part of SOVA; s work. We work to ensure protection and participation of children within the child right frame works and keep in mind the cross-cutting themes of child participation, non-discrimination and best interests of children. Our child protection work focuses on:
• Child Exploitation & child migration & trafficking
• Children in labour work
• Children with inadequate parental care including alternatives to institutional care.
• Children affected by emergencies, disaster and conflict.
SOVA is working in tribal districts of Odisha where most of the children are vulnerable and living in a disadvantaged and conflict situation. Some of the core strategies implementing by the organisation:
• Encourage for building child protection mechanism at all level to provide adequate protection from community to institutional level.
• provide institutional care and protection for vulnerable children with the support of District Child Protection Unit
• building care and protection of children and integrate into social welfare and poverty reduction strategies
• Building the capacity of PRI members and duty bearers to provide effective care and protection services to the vulnerable children.
• Create awareness among different stakeholders about the understanding of the situation of vulnerable children in need of care and protection.
• Promote children’s club and supporting their participation in their own rights